Monday, August 8, 2011

KFC Tower Burger


This is the new Tower Burger from KFC, it may be a return of this burger in other regions.  I thought of it as another deliciously heart stopping burger from KFC (the Double Down being another).  It has their chicken fillet with their originally delicious batter, hash brown, cheese and if that is not heart clogging enough it also has mayo slathered in it.  But for health conscious people out there, count me out, they have lettuce and a sesame seed bun though.  KFC Philippines has been flooding the television with it's ad of the Tower Burger and it kept on haunting me.  Haunting in a way that I get that "I must try that!" on my mind every time i see the ad.  I assumed it was a very heart meal.

So one fateful afternoon I had nothing to do so I decided to try the burger and went to the nearest KFC in my vicinity.  People were ordering the burger like crazy, I was just another victim of their ads.  You can order it as just the burger, as a meal with fries and drink or part of their already stomach filling fully loaded meal.  Once I had my meal, I was quite dismayed since I thought it would be taller or bigger since it was supposed to be a "Tower.  It was medium in size compared to other burgers in the market but it was humongous compared to the usual burgers that KFC offers that are usually eviscerated in about 3 bites.

After eating/devouring the burger, I was completely underwhelmed.  It lacked the taste I was anticipating, unlike the heart destroying Double Down.  It was very filling though.  The hash brown seemed to be just a fatty carbo-loaded extender.  It did not add anything to the taste of the burger.  The Tower Burger was, for me, a bigger version of their chicken fillet burger.  Did I say it can indeed fill your hungry  stomach?  Taste-wise, it lacked the "WOW" factor I expected.  So I left the restaurant very much full but to a certain extent disappointed.  Will I order the Tower Burger again? No, I'm better off with the Double Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment